Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Wow, Shampoo and Conditioner Bars are Really Strange....


I only recently started making shampoo and conditioner bars. I loved using my soap as shampoo but wanted to try a real shampoo and conditioner base. I would also get asked by fair goers at craft fairs for them .

First off it is a very different experience than what we are used to, for most of us shampoo and conditioner are liquid, not solid so the "feel" of how you wash your hair has to change. You lather the shampoo in your hands and work it into your hair but you also run the shampoo bar over your hair, new experience! We are adaptable and adventurous right, we can handle that!

Experts say that the ideal pH for your hair is 3.65 and the ideal for your scalp is 5.5. A shampoo with a lower pH may help protect your hair from breakage and becoming dry. I have included a link at the bottom of the page that is a brief summary of the science of hair, scalp and pH. If you are reading my blog on your phone please switch to Web View to see the article links.

The shampoo bars I sell have a neutral pH 5.0-6.0. They are very gentle, high foaming with great lather, the lower pH even makes your hands feel softer. It may take a little getting used to, using a shampoo and conditioner bar, but in my opinion it is worth it! Check them out at my Etsy shop. 

Gina 💗


Rosemary Mint Handmade Shampoo

Rosemary Mint Handmade Conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment